Show reviews that mention
procedure money results surgery doctor office stomach pain body appointment
Filter review

What Their Customers Are Saying

?

All testimonials are provided and verified by Sono Bello. Verified testimonials on Pissed Consumer is a paid feature of the platform.

The BEST decision I ever made

1 of 2
Charlotte NC location Dr. Crawford and the entire staff are wonderful! NOT ONE COMPLAINT. I will let my 2 week post pics say the rest! Keep in mind I’m still swollen and not even at my final result!!
Read

Love my new young neck!!

Sono Bello
March 20; Dr Strand and his whole staff made me feel comfortable and got this done for me fast; did not have to be put under. Of course the first two days are hard, still healing now but I’m so happy!! Recovery was pretty fast, no one knows why I look so good....

Excellent Overall

Sono Bello
Had a great experience in the Westchester, NY location. You do meet with a consultant first which did through me off at first, but Tova was very thorough in her explanations and answered all my questions. Did not feel like a sales pitch. Dr. Otake addressed all my additional questions prior to surgery. I called after leaving and asked about some reviews I saw online and even the secretaries were able to make me feel better. My results are great and I had little to no pain the first 4 days after my surgery. I would say that as long as you have realistic expectations and are healthy with the understanding of diet or exercise afterwards, your results are worth it and the experience and those who provide it are very accommodating.

TERRIBLE!!!

Monique, we appreciate your feedback. Patients results and safety are our first priority. Please contact us at Brendafeedback@sonobello.com in our corporate office, so that we may discuss your experience and results.
Best,
Sono Bell

Verified Reviewer

Overall this is the worst experience of my life. I have nerve damage in the areas that were treated, if I touch my skin it feels like its on fire.

I was completely dismissed when I mentioned this to the nurse at my 3 month visit. She left the room and proceeded to the room next door to have a conversation with someone.

I could clearly hear them talking about my issue so I'm assuming it was my surgeon. His response was "Oh, we always have problems with these Really Big People." RRu

User's recommendation: RUN AWAY NOT WORTH IT.

Complaint

Mary, we appreciate your feedback. We're disappointed to hear that your experience has not been exceptional. We would like the opportunity to help find a solution so we have escalated your concerns to our patient experience team, our team will be in touch shortly.
Sono Bello Liposuction Procedure
Cons
  • Doctor never apologized for wasting my time
Apology

Verified Reviewer

On Friday 21, 2021, I was scheduled to for a procedure at 1:30 pm. My procedure was to start at 2:30 pm and at 5:00 pm, I still had not started my procedure.

Once started the procedure and recovery would be 2 more hours! I could not stay, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!

UNPROFESSIONAL!! am a contractor

Refund

Janneth, we’re sorry there was a delay in the processing of your refund, but we have confirmed that you will be refunded and someone will reach out to her shortly to confirm the details.
Sono Bello Customer Care
Full refund

Im still waiting for a response about my refund , it's over 15 days and still no response , still waiting.

User's recommendation: Fast response.

Botched surgery, poor service

Judy, we appreciate your feedback. Patients results and safety are our first priority. We're disappointed to hear that your experience has not been exceptional. We would like the opportunity to help find a solution. Please contact us at Brendafeedback@sonobello.com in our corporate office, so that we may discuss your experience and results.
Best,
Sono Bello Procedure
Preferred solution
A revision in a timely fashion or a full refund so I can go elsewhere. Not want another summer looking botched.

Junior Reviewer
Update by user Apr 15, 2021

After several phone calls and texts over a few months, still nothing has been addressed.

Original review posted by user Apr 15, 2021

I had surgery in fall 2019 with Dr. Vashi for upper/lower abs, inner thighs and knees.

When I went for my consultation, I was told I would see Dr. Maier, somehow I got stuck with Dr. Vashi. During a follow up appointment I reported being unhappy with results.

They said I would have to come for another appointment and meet with the doctor. I made the appointment at 630 am and they made note that I had to go to work. 7:00 am came and he never came in the room. I stuck my head out a few times and he was not around.

I got dressed because I had to leave for work, as I was already late by this time. He and his assistant said they were getting ready to come in as I had to leave. There was a note in my chart that I had to leave for work. Total disregard and disrespect for others time.

I was very late for work that day as a result.

I had yet another appointment scheduled and then Covid hit so they cancelled it.

Fast forward to fall of 2020. I am notified that Dr. Vashi is no longer with the office. I met Dr.

Skytta who agrees that my knees and inner thighs need redone but would have to do Trisculpt for abdomen. She said Allie is new consult person and she would call with pricing. No phone calls or emails from Allie after a few months.

Ive called several times to try to get pricing and Im told she is in consults non stop until 7, but I will give her a message. This has been going on for months.

I dont care if she has consults. I am also a customer. And becoming an increasingly unhappy one at that.

I call to make follow up with Dr. Skytta to try to get revision surgery and Im told she is booked into May and they will get back with me.

Its been a week and I return the text asking to get scheduled. Then I get a message that Im not approved for surgery at no cost.

Ive been patient, but my patience is growing increasingly thin with the lack of professionalism and responses from the Cincinnati office. Dr. Vashi did a terrible job on my legs and abdomen.

Im starting to believe all of this procrastination is just to get me to spend more money. I basically paid $6,000 to be botched and Im irate at the lack of communication by this office.

Im not going through another summer with botched legs and abdomen from bad cosmetic surgery. I dont really want to have a revision but they tell me its my only option to look normal again. At this point, Id rather have a refund of my money and go somewhere reputable.

I would never recommend this company.

Please see attached photos. Clearly not a satisfactory or successful surgery.

My legs arent even close to symmetrical. This place is a joke.

User's recommendation: Avoid at all costs!! Save your time, money and body appearance and go elsewhere!!

Nerve damage

Erica, our patient support team have attempted to reach out to discuss your experience, please email our team directly to talk through options: melaniem@sonobello.com

Verified Reviewer

I had 7 areas worked on. 6 of them came out well but my 7th area, which was my arms, has been pure *** Its been 6 weeks and I have what I believe to be permanent nerve damage in both arms.

I have lost about 40-50% strength in both arms. Everything I do causes pain from holding a cup to tying my shoes, to blow drying my hair. And this isnt pain where the lipo was done. This is pain that starts at my incision points and radiates downward into my forearms.

Its unbearable!! Im very afraid it may never be 100% again.

User's recommendation: Beware for permanent issues.

Sono Bello's reply to:

Mistreatment abuse and torture to patient

Sono Bello Doctor

Verified Reviewer

Torture during surgery. Talk to and treated like a dog, very disrespectfully.

Was not properly numbed. Felt everything it was like being tortured alive.

And when I told and in formed the doctor. He got more angry and begin to put me down criticize and mock me doing surgery.

User's recommendation: It was *** on Earth. never would do it again. the worst thing ever happened.

Sono Bello's reply to:

Refund or give me results you guaranteed

Mia, we appreciate your feedback. We're disappointed to hear that your experience has not been exceptional. We would like the opportunity to help find a solution so we have escalated your concerns to our patient experience team, our team will be in touch shortly.
Preferred solution
I want results and or refund

Verified Reviewer

After a back injury two years ago I had gained a lot of weight and struggled losing the weight Through diet and exercise as I was still recovering from my back injury. I went in and consulted with a plastic surgeon at a different facility about a tummy tuck but after realizing how invasive it was and how long the recovery was I looked at Sono Bello.

I went in for a consultation mid-July and decided to do the alternative to tummy tuck procedure as well as four areas lower abdominal. During the consultation I asked about recovery and how invasive the procedure was as I could not afford to be out of work for a long time. I was told recovery would be no longer than a week but after three days I should start to feel like myself and possibly return to work sooner than a week but most likely a 5-7 days. On September 11 I went in for my procedure and halfway through the procedure I was informed that because I was in a lot of pain and since they used a lot of pain and numbing medication that they were not able to do all areas that day and I would have to come back at a later time.

I said that was fine as I was not able to tolerate the amount of pain I was in at the time. Toward the end I felt this sharp excruciating pain on the right side of my lower abdominal. I was told that this was normal and that everybody responds differently to this procedure, but the pain should get better within three days. It did not two weeks later I was still in excruciating pain could not get up by myself or use the bathroom without help let alone go back to work.

I go in for a follow-up with the doctor to see what's going on, and she said this was normal, and I was very swollen and once the swelling goes down, the pain should improve. It did not. I called Soto Bello and informed them of my situation and that instead of getting better I'm getting worse I am that I would like to cancel the two remaining areas and after several conversations they agreed to cancel and give me a refund for the two areas that I had scheduled. Now for the ones that I have already had done I requested a refund as I am not satisfied with the results.

I went to them because I wanted to get my confidence back after I had gain weight aloe in my back injury, but instead what I got is $10,000 debt for the procedure and about 5500 for the ER visit, uneven stomach, damaged muscle or nerve and is scar across my entire lower abdominal. I have not been able to work for more than a few hours or sit long enough to do my homework since the procedure. Forgot about getting my confidence back, I dont think I could ever do sit more than an hour without pain.

I cannot even look at my stomach myself in the mirror and Instead of paying 7000 for a tummy tuck, I picked sono Bellos alternative tummy tuck procedure as I did not want to lose 30 days of work, but it was the worst mistake I have made. It has been almost 5 months since my procedure, and I am still in pain and losing more hours at work each week!

User's recommendation: Stay away from them.

Terrible customer service

We're sorry to hear there was a delay in the processing of your refund. Our records show you have received your refund and you have been in contact with the Practice Manager. Please let us know if there is anything additional we can assist you with. Best, Sono Bello.
Full refund

I tried my hardest not to write a bad survey. Three weeks post and Im texting and emailing and calling the Atlanta facility and no one is giving my refund.

I went to nyc to get my procedure done. The doctor informed me she wasnt comfortable with doing upper abdominal lipo on me. I called the front desk girl back in Atlanta who took my payment and they tried to have me ask the doctor to do it anyway. They did not want to refund my money.

I went to the office and spoke to a manager and I was told I would get a refund. I still do not have a refund.

Im just trying f to relax and heal and Im stressed trying to get in contact with soMe one. Im ready to get a lawyer and dispute this along with pain and different

User's recommendation: Unprofessional.

UnHappy

Melody, we appreciate your feedback. We're disappointed to hear that your experience has not been exceptional. We would like the opportunity to help find a solution so we have escalated your concerns to our patient experience team, our team will be in touch shortly.
Price reduction

I originally contacted Sono Bello after researching options to rid myself of a belly that I could not tighten. I thought this could be done with NO scarring and a sculpting ONLY option.

I had already lost a total of 9 inches from my waist with my own exercise regime. My research efforts proved that my belly could not be flattened (no matter how many sit-ups I did) because the fat cells had elasticized during my 1994 pregnancy. My budget for a tummy tuck was $5,000. I paid $886.05 for the procedure before leaving the City of Orange office, following my initial consolation on October 16th.

Later in the day my mother approved a charge of $4,460.

When I left my initial appointment so many extras had been added that I was looking at a $12,886 total. Upon returning home I contacted the Jamila, immediately, and explained my budget and that there was no way I could afford all the added procedures. I went back to the office (because my Driver's License had not been returned) and received and updated quote. I was notified that all would be deleted except the original tummy tuck $5,911.05.

I was also notified that the doctor might decline to do the procedure, if he didn't think the procedures would give me the results I was seeking and that I would be notified at my Pre-op appointment October 24. Again, the ONLY results I was seeking was the removal of excess fat on my stomach that could not be tightened.

At the pre-opt appointment I was hesitant adding a procedure, but the doctor explained it was imperative for the look I was seeking. I explained with tears in my eyes that I just wanted a flatter tummy and knew, from research, could not be achieved on my own since the fatty cells had been elasticized. The new procedure increased my total by $1,645.

I was pushing it but got my mothers agreement to add that procedure to her credit card.

The day of my procedure/surgery (October 29th) I was once again pushed /strongly encouraged to add (inner thigh-I believe) procedure for $1,645. May explained that this procedure would be added to my VIVE credit limit since I had been approved for $7,000. My nerves were super high and being told I needed to add this procedure I reluctantly agreed to add the procedure ONLY because it would be my responsibility to pay and on my personal line of credit through VIVE. I NEVER would have agreed to the additional procedure if I knew my mothers card would incur an additional charge.

Let me repeat NEVER would have agreed to the additional procedure if I knew my mothers card would be charged. My mothers card was charged an additional $1,645 on the day of the procedure.

At this point, I am not able to be impressed with any of the procedures (I've been told due to swelling). I can only see a HUGE scar...more embarrassing that the bady belly fat I carried. I haven't lost an inch off my waistline.

However, I am patiently waiting the 4-6 weeks I've been assured it takes for the results to show.

Total charges are currently $14,090.05 for a procedure which I had budgeted and clearly explained that budget of $5,000!!

My mothers card has been charged: $8,170 ($1,645 was not authorized). I was charged $886.05. My VIVE account is $5035.00 to be clear this account was enough to cover all the charges I was willing to incur.

I am writing this letter because I have never been so nickel and dimed or more bamboozled. I had clearly overstretched my budget before procedure day but was convinced by the doctor and May that it would be worth it, and I would be pleased with what I had committed to.

Then on procedure day, when I was scared to death I was once again pressured to add another procedure. Unethical comes to my mind and to others when Ive discussed what happened.

I have requested they provide me with an understanding of what the additional charge of $1,645 was for on October 30th. Also, explain why you waited until the day of the surgery to pressure me into adding this procedure and NOT beforehand when I signed the agreement. Also, please explain why you charged my moms credit card without her permission.

At this point, I am encouraging my mom to challenge the added, unauthorized expense on her credit card.

There are two other providers I was researching and reaching out to, and I feel like my business would have been better handled with EITHER one of those. I am disappointed with the pressure put on me to add more and more and spend way beyond my comfort level. And then to charge my moms credit card without authorization is totally unacceptable. I want and wanted to be excited and share my results with all my friends struggling with baby fat.

At this point, I would never recommend Sono Bello.

Please remove the charge to my moms credit card. Thank you!

Contact Sono Bello Customer Service

Phone:
(800) 995-1136
Contact Sono Bello Customer Service

Latest Question

Wht is the cost for getting a flat tommy and hip enlargement

Refund

Melody - we appreciate your feedback. We're disappointed to hear that your experience has not been exceptional. We would like the opportunity to help find a solution. Please contact us at feedback@sonobello.com at our corporate office, so that we may discuss your experience and results.
Full refund

They keep transferring me back to the office who doesnt give you answers

User's recommendation: Don’t use them.

Refunds

Nadi, we appreciate your feedback. We're disappointed to hear that your experience has not been exceptional. We would like the opportunity to help find a solution. Please contact us at feedback@sonobello.com at our corporate office, so that we may discuss your experience and results.

Verified Reviewer

SonoBello sals person at Silver Spring told me that they will remove extra skin from upper and lower of my abdomen. After talking to the surgeon she informed me the upper abdomen will have extra skin so I called sales people to cancel my surgery, but after coming back and forth they informed me that they talked to the surgeon and she said if I pay more money she can do both.

I told them I don't have extra money so they said if I eliminate my arms surgery they can do both. I agreed. During the surgery, I woke up in the middle of surgery screaming and moaning from the pain and two nurses holding my arms and feet so I don't move. After this nightmare they sent me home.

I have been told that I just need two days to go back to work and that was also a big lie. For months, I couldn't stay straight not to mention, I found out the the Surgen really didn't get rid of the extra skin. When I complained, they told me this is because of swelling. After one year this shape of the upper abdomen got even bigger.

After I should them that, they said you need to see our best doctor. They said if he cannot help you we will refund portion of your money. Due to COVID-19, my appointment was canceled and when I rescheduled it and asked them it should be with that particular doctor, they assured me it was. When I went for my appointment I found out that Doctor left the office and another doctor will see me.

After talking to another doctor, he said he can do liposuction, that may help but since my skin showed that didn't flat my upper level abdomen, therefore, I will not get the result that I am looking for. The nurse told me that someone call me. Of course no one called me and after a month I contacted them and they had no clue that someone was suppose to call me. They said they will send and email to someone and that person will contact me.

I said how many more months I need to wait for her.

They said we are sending her the email. Based on the constant lies that I have been told by SonoBello staff, I don't think anyone will contact me.

User's recommendation: Don't do the surgery without diets and exercise you gain all the fats back. SonoBello staff lie to you and like me you may wake up during the surgery and feel all the pain.

Disappointed with Sono Bello

Kimberly, we appreciate your feedback. We're disappointed to hear that your experience has not been exceptional. We would like the opportunity to help find a solution. Please contact us at feedback@sonobello.com at our corporate office, so that we may discuss your experience and results.
ID
#2208057 Review #2208057 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sono Bello Procedure

Hi,

My name is K. Gantt, I had the laser lipo procedure done at the Sacramento office on October 31st, 2019. I was so happy and raved about Sono Bello to people I knew and like a fool, I even told strangers on my Bart commute as I went to work. After my treatment, I had to wear a body sculpture suit basically night and day for months, trust and believe, I am still wearing a girdle every day.

After my treatment, I began eating weight watcher meals, started doing a 30-minute workout running on my treadmill daily, and eating fruit anytime I felt hungry. Also, I attended follow-up visits and found out I lost some weight, things were going fine. A few months later after the painful swelling started going down, I started measuring and keeping record of my tummy and taking pictures to show my progress. I do not look my age and neither does my more slender physique show my age. However, my happiness was short-lived!

The pandemic came around and the Sono Bello office among other businesses were closed due to the government shutdown. During this period, I started to notice my procedure went into reversal. I said to myself, what happened! Nothing had really changed other than at this time I worked for an essential office, I was working more hours so, I wasn't eating more! What happened! Does this treatment only work for a couple of months? The Sono Bello office was closed with no one to speak to, Wow!

My thoughts, a mood of Melancholy, and "THIS IS A SCAM"! Why, did I believed in Sono bello? Why did I believe the fat cells would permanently be removed? I may have stop exercising due to sitting at a computer working more hours but what happened to the permanent fat cells not growing back? It just burns me up lately when I see the Sono Bell commercials claiming false advertising! I AM HELLA MAD!

How could Sono bello lie about all these wonderful things having this treatment can do for a person? Let me inform Sono Bello, it's a hurtful, disappointing, and cruel thing to do to people. A shyster, but the bigger picture this is called stealing! Today I still sit back in my own tears, thinking, why did I believe in this so-called wonder miracle treatment. Furthermore, let me be clear, I don't sit back sucking down cheeseburgers, cheesecake, or eating reckless. Some days, I don't eat because I don't have the time to eat! Looking at me now, its like how can one tell if my big *** missed a meal here or there! I have never, even after having children been this big!

I feel so stupid putting my hope, trust and money into a get quick results fast scheme! Yes, I'm the foolish one! No room for the old saying "fool me once, for me twice, shame on me. No, shame on me the 1st time for believing in Sono bello...

And shame on Sono bello for lying to people. I have attached 4 pictures. The first 2 pictures are what I look like now from a recent hiking trip. I am bigger now, than before I began my treatment with Sono Bello. In fact, I am 11 pounds heavier. The last 2 pictures were taken a few months after my procedure with Sono Bello, which I looked pretty good a work, that I thought was in progress. Nevertheless, I am 5' 4, I'm 50 years old, I have had 4 children and I might have to accept the fact... I'm just gonna keep getting bigger or start working out like crazy to maintain a good healthy weight. I'm so disappointed in Sono bello!

I'll leave Sono bello with this, the best way to advertise is by word of mouth. I have a little advertising to do myself... This much I can do for free and it will be the TRUTH.

I have spent a little over $8000 on this lie! So okay, Sono Bello, you got me good, hope you all feel real special! Moving forward, I did post my pictures and story on sitejabbers.com and I will continue spending any free time advertising my truth to inform people "THIS IS A LIE"

Unsatisfied client,

K. Gantt

User's recommendation: Negative.

Refund and Cancel appointment

Griselle, we appreciate your feedback. We're disappointed to hear that your experience has not been exceptional. We would like the opportunity to help find a solution. Please contact us at feedback@sonobello.com at our corporate office, so that we may discuss your experience and results.
ID
#2197992 Review #2197992 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sono Bello Customer Care

Sono Bello - Refund and Cancel appointment
Sono Bello - Refund and Cancel appointment

It was a pleasure meeting the staff at the Troy location.

Unfortunately I've decided not to use your services because of how the COVID-19 testing results was handled.

The first COVID-19 test results taken came back inconclusive. My reply was Then I'm not going to move forward with the surgery. Her reaction to my response was surprising.

We argued about cancelling the surgery. She was trying to convince me to move forward with the surgery because it was going to cost the company money. I told her it won't matter if were dead because of COVID-19.

My decision to cancel was for the protection of everyone involved. She told me to get the test done somewhere else because this was new for the organization.

Absolutely not!!

We came to an agreement to reschedule the procedure and redo the COVID-19 test. Only after receiving the results I would agree to the surgery.

The second COVID-19 test was done, again I made my position perfectly clear, no results no procedure.

Today I received a text with instructions on how to proceed for surgery.

Yet, no results were given to me.

At this point I'm not comfortable moving forward because of the lack of training on COVID-19 testing results.

This is a new day and COVID-19 is a serious epidemic that has killed and continues to kill millions.

The sales team should not be responsible for given results to the customer.

Its to their best interest for the patient to move forward with the procedure regardless of the results.

A customer must have a team of family and friends prepared to help nurture them back to health after surgery. This is impossible without proper notification.

Please revisit how to handle testing for COVID-19 and how to inform the client about their results before surgery.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

User's recommendation: Do not get surgery until you are given results at least 48 hrs beforehand.

Sono Bello's reply to:

Tamika, we appreciate your feedback. We're disappointed to hear that your experience has not been exceptional. Our VP of patient experience has reached out to discuss your review, she will be able to assist you in finding a solution.
Providence, Virginia

Extremely dissatisfied in your Hanover, Md. office

Karen, we appreciate your feedback. We're disappointed to hear that your experience has not been exceptional. We would like the opportunity to help find a solution. Please contact us at feedback@sonobello.com at our corporate office, so that we may discuss your experience and results.
Price reduction

I was called tonight at 5:30 to say my procedure for tomorrow is cancelled because they forgot to COVID test me. My daughter is getting married next month and I have been trying to get this revision since June.

My doctor who has since left made me wait until August. I am sure its because he left, so now with a different doctor they cancel because THEY forgot to test me for COVID. I was told they forgot to test 3 others that day!

Talk about incompetent. I feel it is not fair to jeopardize my time for their mistakes.

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article